Thursday, February 26, 2009

Johnny- First Impressions

An adjective I would use to describe my first impression of "What Johnny Shouldn't Read" is frustrating. It annoys me that some people are so narrow-minded and too stubborn to be open to the idea of change. A quote I found almost laughable on page 6 reads:
"Conservation is an act of human pride and an offense against God. Humans have no business worrying about the distinction of whales; if God wants whales to exist, they will exist. If not, then preserving them is an act of rebellion against God."
To my knowledge, I have never met someone who thinks this way, and to me, the idea is quite absurd. Aren't we supposed to respect and protect all living things? It concerns me that people with such narrow-minded beliefs have been able to gain the power to impact our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment